*Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The chapel, commonly known by locals as the Mormon Church was located on Vineyard Street. on the west side of Muliwai Drive (Tax Map Code 3-4-16:8).
Construction began in June 1926 and was completed in November. The reported cost of the chapel was $13,000 (about $172,000 in 2016). Dedicatory services were held on Nov. 28, 1926.
After about 36 years of service, demolition began on November 20, 1962. It was reported that a new chapel was to be constructed here under the church's Labor Missionary Program. However, a chapel was never constructed and the property has for many years been the employee parking lot for the Maui Medical Group nearby.
- Maui News, Dec. 1, 1926, page 1 col. 7
- Maui News, Nov. 21, 1962, page 2
- Bringham Young University Hawaii library for reference photographs